Thursday, December 23, 2010

Technique Thursday - How to Paper Piece


This week I thought I'd share with you a fun technique I hardly ever use, paper piecing. It's a great way to add some pizzazz to a pretty simple card!

First, stamp the image you will be paper piecing on your card stock, then again on the designer paper or colored paper of your choice. Stamp it enough times to have one piece for each cut out section:I've stamped the bear from the Under the Stars set once on Whisper White, and 3 more times, each on a different brown designer paper...Crumb Cake, Early Espresso & Soft Suede.

Next, cut out each piece in the color desired, I'm using the Crumb Cake for his belly, the Early Espresso for his body, and the Soft Suede for his snout:
Adhere each portion to the stamped base image as shown, I've used my 2-way Glue Pen.Add your paper-pieced image to your card and done! For this card I stamped the "grrrreat" on a piece of Whisper White card stock, punched it out with the Modern Label punch, and turned it into a flag with the addition of a toothpick. The "to my" and "friend" are from the Wonderful Favorites set.

Here's another sample using paper piecing:


For this card I used the Love You Much stamp set, and each letter of "Love" is cut out of a different color dsp, Pink Pirouette, Real Red, Pretty in Pink & Rose Red. I added a Real Red button with some Rhinestones for a little extra bling since this card was a little plain. Some Real Red Satin Ribbon and a punched border finish this card off.

We'd love to see what you make with the paper piecing technique! Just post a sample to your blog or online gallery and link back below!

1 comment:

  1. I have been wanting to try this technique for aaagggeeesss!!! Pity this week is toooo stretched! Thanks for all your inspiration this year!
    To all the lovely design team girls ...
    Just popping by to share a special Christmas message with you ...
    Andrea's Christmas Wish
    Christmas Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete