Thursday, March 18, 2010

Color Inspiration #115


Happy Thursday! Every Thursday I am happy to present you with another Color Inspiration challenge.

This week I was inspired by a card I made for my Easter Eggstravaganza Stamp Camp. My favorite color is purple, and I am very fond of Elegant Eggplant. It can be paired with many colors, but I really love it combined with Old Olive and So Saffron.

Daffodils just remind me of Spring. While the grass is still pathetic looking from the cold and the snow, the little green shoots popping through the ground remind me how soon everything will be beautiful again. Pretty soon the daffodils will be full grown and in their full glory!!

For my card, I used Confetti White as my base card. Confetti White has more weight than Whisper White and can support all the layers and embellishments I tend to load onto my cards. According to my fellow SU demonstrator Lisa Fast, the more layers you add onto the card, the more you love the person you're giving it to. Too cute!!!

The Elegant Eggplant layer measures 3" x 5 1/4". I ran it through my Big Shot using the Perfect Polka Dots Impressions Folder.

The Old Olive layer measures 1" x 5 1/4". I stamped the flourish and sponged the edges with Old Olive ink.

I wrapped a length of Old Olive 1/4" grosgrain ribbon and tied it into a classic knot.

The focal image is a piece of Whisper White cardstock cut to 3" x 4". I colored directly onto the stamp with my Summer Sun and Old Olive Stampin' Write Markers. Huff (breathe) on the stamp to remoisten the ink and stamp onto the Whisper White cardstock. I lightly sponged the edges with Old Olive ink. To add some extra oomph, I used my piercing guide and paper piercing tool to add the pierced pattern in the top left and bottom right corners. Mat this layer onto a 3 1/8" x 4 1/8" piece of Basic Black cardstock.

The finishing touch is the sentiment......stamped onto So Saffron cardstock using Basic Black ink. I punched it with the Modern Label punch, sponged with So Saffron ink and popped it up on dimensionals.

As much as I love to make "cute" Easter cards, there is nothing like an elegant Easter card to make someone's day.

Here's my challenge to you........make a card using this color combination....and send it to someone. Go ahead and make their day!!!!!

Until next time.....Happy Stamping everyone!

Card Recipe
stamps: Abundant Hope
paper: Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive, So Saffron, Basic Black, Whisper White, Confetti White
ink: Basic Black, Old Olive, So Saffron
accessories: Modern Label punch, Old Olive 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, Mat Pack, Paper Piercing Tool, Perfect Polka Dots Impressions Folder, sponges, dimensionals

8 comments:

  1. Excellent choice of colors for challenge, Patti! Here is my card!
    http://stampingtoshare.blogspot.com/2010/03/319-very-thankful-with-baroque.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this color combo! I posted to splitcoast, but will also be posting to my blog later this week (I hope!)

    http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1655448?&cat=500&ppuser=219963

    ReplyDelete
  3. Took your challenge and have posted it to my blog:
    http://craftymariasstampingworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's the blog post:

    http://a-stamp-a-day.blogspot.com/2010/03/two-cards-in-one-post-oh-my.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these colors together.. the olive green and the deep purple.. Thanks for always giving us a great challenge.
    http://bigmammasstampinhouse.blogspot.com/2010/03/birthday-wishes.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's mine - I love these colors. In fact, I'm working on another one, but it needs "something...." It'll get there. Thanks for the challenge. http://genevachapin.typepad.com/genevas_stamping_designs/2010/03/color-challenge-3182010.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julianna, I LOVE this card, but I can't leave a comment on your blog - it won't let me. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete